Resolve to Have a Warm & Stress-Free Winter
With a new year just a stone’s throw away, there’s no place in your schedule for heating breakdowns or rising energy bills. Before you don your party hat and ring in 2018, make plans to have your heating system or boiler inspected, lubed and cleaned. According to the Environmental Protection Agency, frequent filter changes and routine HVAC tune-ups prevent unhealthy dust buildup and can improve heating efficiency and comfort, year round.
3 New Year’s Resolutions for Home & HVAC Health
A fresh, new year brings inspiration, motivation and a unique set of goals and challenges. Once you’ve settled on your personal resolutions, consider extending your objectives to include home maintenance, comfort and safety. Remember, your home’s mechanical systems need attention as much as you need self-care.
- Commit to HVAC fitness. A “fit” heating system receives twice-annual inspections, including safety checkups, thermostat calibration and cleaning of hard-worked components. After holiday guests depart, it’s a perfect time to have McQuillan Bros Twin City heating professionals perform comprehensive maintenance on your furnace, heat pump, hot water boiler or steam boiler. Regular HVAC care also reduces the chance of a catastrophic equipment failure since technicians keep tabs on the inner workings of your system.
- Tighten your purse strings. If the post-holiday slump finds you recovering from overspending or revamping your budget, a few simple steps can help you lower year-round energy costs. The Department of Energy recommends installing a programmable or “smart” thermostat to save on heating and cooling costs, switching to energy-saving LED bulbs and lowering your water heater’s temperature. And don’t forget to take advantage of natural warmth during winter by choosing window treatments that let the sun shine in.
- Learn something new. Life is more rewarding when you pursue knowledge and personal growth. This year, make it your mission to better understand your home’s heating, cooling and plumbing system. McQuillan Bros’ friendly, knowledgeable HVAC technicians can explain the ins and outs of your steam boiler, furnace or heat pump. Using helpful videos and new equipment training sessions, our highly trained team educates and empowers homeowners to make safe and economical indoor comfort decisions. The more you know, the better equipped you are to choose a new heating system when a breakdown occurs.
McQuillan Bros Home Care Club: Your Answer to 2018 Comfort
Start off the new year by investing in Minnesota’s Original Home Care Club and enjoy:
- Reduced repair costs
- Fewer emergencies
- Longer equipment life
- Lower utility bills
- Improved indoor comfort & HVAC performance
- Routine safety inspections
The Home Care Club is an affordable membership that quickly pays for itself and delivers the peace of mind every Washington, Hennepin and Ramsey County property owner needs. Trust McQuillan Bros Plumbing, Heating & AC to protect your house and keep your mechanical systems performing efficiently and effectively, month in and month out. Join the Club now: (651) 292-0124.
Wishing you a happy, healthy New Year from the McQuillan Bros family!