McQuillan Bros Offers Energy-Saving Maintenance
If holiday spending finds you wishing for an early January, you’re not alone. Thirty-three percent of Americans said they’d skip the holidays to avoid spending money on gifts, according to a 2017 survey by non-bank mortgage servicer Mr. Cooper. With nearly half of U.S. residents in credit card debt and consumer debt rising to a whopping $1.027 trillion in March 2018 (Federal Reserve), it’s no wonder respondents are worried about end-of-year spending breaking their budgets.
HVAC Efficiency May Lead to ‘Found’ Money
This month and all year long, Minnesota’s Original plumbing, heating, and AC contractor help customers get in the energy-saving spirit with affordably priced duct inspections, HVAC maintenance and water heater cleaning in St. Paul. With the holidays fast approaching, McQuillan Bros also recommends simple, DIY ways to save on home utility and maintenance bills—so you can divert that money to more holiday cheer.
- Seal HVAC ducts. Most Twin City residents are shocked to know they could be wasting hundreds per year on leaky ducts. During your Home Care Club visit, a McQuillan Bros team member will inspect ducts for damage and leaks while pinpointing other areas of costly energy loss.
- Maintain your chimney. The holidays are more fun with a crackling fire, and proper fireplace maintenance keeps heat bills in check. Add caulk around the hearth and keep your damper closed when the fireplace is not in use. Once per season, hire a qualified chimney contractor to clean and check your fireplace for safety.
- Install a programmable thermostat. There’s no use in paying to heat an empty home. A programmable or “smart” thermostat lowers temperatures when your family is out of the house—and turns the heat back up to welcome you home. As part of our full-service heating expertise, McQuillan Bros recommends and installs thermostats by Nest, Honeywell and more.
- Use LED holiday lighting. Holiday LEDs are more durable and consume 70 to 90 percent less energy than incandescent lights, according to ENERGY STAR. A licensed electrician can also help you upgrade your home fixtures to LED so you can lower your electric bill during the holidays and throughout every season.
- Change air filters. At the risk of sounding like a broken record, McQuillan Bros technicians continually urge customers to change or clean filters regularly. Clean air filters decrease equipment wear and tear, lower energy use, produce healthier air and enhance indoor comfort during heating and cooling seasons. Change filters about once per month, especially if you have multiple pets or suffer from allergies or asthma.
Trust McQuillan Bros for Energy-Efficient HVAC Replacement
No one wants to pay for a new boiler during an already pricey season. But if yours is in disrepair, McQuillan Bros can help take the sting out of a holiday boiler upgrade. Financing options include competitive interest rates and convenient monthly payments that suit your budget. We also provide special seasonal offers and help customers file cash-back equipment rebates. If you need boiler replacement in Minneapolis before guests arrive, call [hls_phone_number] or contact Minnesota’s Original heating company online. For step-by-step tips to save even more energy this year, visit the Department of Energy’s online guide.