About McQuillan Home Services
As a Minneapolis & St. Paul mainstay, our company has been serving Ramsey County, Washington County, and Hennepin County for over 135 years. We’re Minnesota’s Original plumbing, heating, and cooling company, and we’ve always remained true to our mission of providing solid, honest work at fair, upfront prices. This past year we have doubled our plumbing team and added an electrical line of business. We are keen to grow and provide an extensive line-up of home services to our customers.
This role is responsible for serving as the first point of contact and communication for incoming calls from service technicians. The position is responsible for receiving requests, transmitting messages, and tracking vehicles along with debriefing and tracking results from field service team members.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with customers that are scheduled and update them on the day and time their service team member will be coming to their home.
- Drives resolution when customer concerns and issues arise.
- Proactively builds rapport with customer to ensure repeat business and represents the company in an upbeat and professional manner
- Record information for all emergency and non-emergency calls
Service Technician Support
- Check in with the service team a minimum of two times each day to ensure jobs are progressing as scheduled
- Gather all time sheets from Service team members, confirm completion, validate information, and obtain approvals before payroll.
- Assist Service teams with reimbursement paperwork, validation, and approvals.
- Dispatch and manage the whereabouts of multiple trucks and technicians in the field
- Schedule service appointments. Update and manage a call board to ensure the right service members assigned to the right jobs to maximize job opportunities
- Finalize defining payment plans at the time of scheduling the service appointment. Secure final payments.
- Partner with finance to ensure collection completion and assist when issues arise
- Debrief and record the results of each service appointment. Add documentation and notes to each job.
- Closing all service appointment jobs in Service Titan and processing all final packets.
- Ensure invoices are accurate and jobs are completed in a timely fashion
- Answers incoming phone calls for business.
- Serve weekday and weekend on-call.
- Familiarity with necessary equipment, including phone system, operating software used to dispatch personnel, vehicles, and field units to appropriate locations
- Attend all service and sales meetings
- Understand jobs costs and partnering to raise issues and facilitate discussion
- Miscellaneous projects and assignments at management’s discretion
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Successful work experience as dispatcher or other relevant position
- Service Titan experience is a plus
- Fluent in English (oral and written), other languages a plus
This position is required to work weekdays from 7 – 3:30 PM or 10:30 – 7 PM with some weekday and weekend on-call hours
$23 – $26 / hr.
- Works in a general proximity with others
- This job requires sitting or standing at a computer and being on the phone (Headset) for most of the day.