About McQuillan Home Services
As a Minneapolis & St. Paul mainstay, our company has been serving Ramsey County, Washington County, and Hennepin County for over 135 years. We’re Minnesota’s Original plumbing, heating, and cooling company, and we’ve always remained true to our mission of providing solid, honest work at fair, upfront prices. This past year we have doubled our plumbing team and added an electrical line of business. We are keen to grow and provide an extensive line-up of home services to our customers.
We are seeking a highly skilled HVAC Service Technician to join our team. The successful candidate will be responsible for completing all demand and non-demand HVAC in-home service calls. The technician will establish customer rapport and provide the right products and solutions, accurately troubleshoot, and repair HVAC equipment, and ask proper lifestyle questions to troubleshoot heating and cooling system malfunctions. The technician will also articulate repair and/or replacement opportunities for aging, inefficient, or underperforming systems, refer qualified replacement leads to the Sales Team, and educate and assist customers in choosing the best finance options and maintenance plans.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Complete all demand and non-demand HVAC in-home service calls
- Establish customer rapport and provide the right products and solutions
- Accurately troubleshoot and repair HVAC equipment
- Articulate repair and/or replacement opportunities for aging, inefficient, or underperforming systems and refer qualified replacement leads to Sales Team
- Educate and assist customers in choosing the best finance options and maintenance plans
- Maintain a clean and organized job site representing and protecting the company’s reputation
- Understand service criteria and be accountable for exceeding revenue goals
- Achieve daily revenue goals and required closing rate on calls to the benchmark of the department
- Be accurate and timely with invoices, timecards, curbside feedback, and option sheets
- Present yourself as professional and knowledgeable to win new referrals and repeat business
- Work alongside customer service and dispatch to ensure overall success of the business
- Protect company assets by maintaining a clean and tidy truck and inventoried truck as established by McQuillan Bros standards
- Participate actively in all training exercises, morning staff, and employee meetings.
- Train and mentor apprentices to ensure timely, accurate repairs and installations.
- 2yr HVAC tech degree or equivalent in field experience
- Ability to troubleshoot basic HVAC equipment
- Ability to lift, carry, push, and pull up to 50 pounds, climb, squat, reach, and kneel.
- Clean, safe driving record
- Critical-thinker, problem-solver
- Strong verbal communication skills
Ability to lift 50lbs.
Be able to stand for up to 4hrs at a time.
Able to kneel.